Wednesday, January 22nd
Friday, January 17th
Quizzes about your relationship to technologies:
The quizzes are not interesting in themselves but they offer plenty of useful vocabulary and colloquialism often used to talk about the use of technologies in the office which is a common theme in the texts of the exam, so take notes!
Wednesday, January 15th
From the word to the paragraph.
1. Durrells / the / holidays / on / be
2. Corfu / they / on / be
3. They /a / large / live / villa/ in
4. receive / they / a / letter
5. a / it / long / be / letter
6. Hermione / it / great / be / from / Aunt
7. and / she / come /want / to / with / stay / them
8. not / she / in / good / be / health
9. advise / a / doctors/ her / climate / warm
1.The Durrells were on holidays.
2.They were on Corfu.
3.They were living in a large villa.
4.They received a letter.
5.It was a long letter.
6.It was from great Aunt Hermione.
7.She wanted to come and stay with them.
8.She was not in good health.
9.Her doctors (had) advised a warm climate.
make one long sentence out of all these short ones, using:
as / while / because / who / commas
Friday, January 10th GrA&GrB
you may also use this time (some or all) to send again your work about The Circle via this new contact page.
Translate these CVs and Résumés into French and write down the interesting vocabulary. Use Wordreference.com and try to avoid automated translations to properly think about what you read and write.
Wednesday, January 8th
With my very best wishes for 2020.
Friday, December 20th + HOMEWORK
Write a review about The Circle (2017) – 300 words (+/- 10%)
- The good review about The Circle
- The bad review about The Circle
- Use this worksheet as a guideline
- Don’t forget your personal view about the film and about the issues raised by the film too!
- Send me the results by December 30th => copy and paste in the form here.
Wednesday, December 18th
Friday, December 13th Gr. A & B
Wednesday, December 11th
Friday, December 6th – Gr. A&B
Wednesday, December 4th
Translate into English
- 1.Rachel a travaillé chez Ford comme comptable pendant 7 ans.
- 2.Rachel a travaillé chez Ford comme comptable pendant 7 ans avant de trouver une opportunité intéressante chez Google.
- 3.En ce moment, Ellen habite New York, avant de déménager pour Tokyo pour travailler sur un tout nouveau projet.
- 4.John habite à Seattle, il adore cette ville.
- 5.Pendant les vacances, il va souvent dans les Montagnes Rocheuses.
- 6.Summer habite à Cupertino depuis 2 ans.
- 7.Summer habite à Cupertino depuis 2017.
- 8.Summer habite à Cupertino depuis qu’elle a trouvé du travail chez Apple.
- 9.Summer a habité à Chicago pendant 3 ans.
- 10.Patrick a surtout fait de la saisie de données pendant son stage qui a duré 6 semaines.
- 11.Lucinda va aller vivre à Londres pendant 5 ans pour faire des études de comptabilité afin de devenir expert comptable.
Friday, November 29th – Gr. A&B
2. Then do this activity about a cartoon.
Wednesday, November 27th
An overview of the English Tense System
Friday, November 22nd – Gr. A&B
The BTS CG oral exam is based on the presentation of a document, here is a worksheet on how to be able to talk about any kind of document.
Use this form to comment upon the picture above.
Monday, November 20th
Friday, November 15th Gr. A & B
- Howlers – most common mistakes to avoid
- numbers and figures (to train yourself at home use this)
- useful vocabulary
if the exercises are too easy for you, or that you get really (really) bored, try reading the latest issue of the WSJ.
Friday, November 8th Gr. A & B